The Animal Rescue Site
The Rainforest Site

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Through Zara's eyes: My journey | North Shore Animal League America

North Shore Animal League America
Take a journey with Zara
Hi Andrea, I'm Zara. My life didn't start out so great, to say the least...

But thanks to North Shore Animal League America and their no-kill mission, I was rescued, nurtured, and eventually adopted by a wonderful family.

If you don't mind, I'd love to share my journey with you today – so you can see what a difference a little (ok, a LOT) of TLC and human kindness can make in one pet's life!
MY STORY:
RESCUE:
I was found in a cage covered in filth. After being rescued, I was brought to North Shore Animal League America.
NURTURE:
The veterinarians removed 4 inches of overgrown nails and 9 lbs of matted hair, some of which was cutting off circulation on my paw.
RECOVERY:
Antibiotics, ointment, a protective bandage, and plenty of rest cleared up my painful infection and saved my front paw. Thank goodness.
TRAINING:
My new friends slowly helped me walk again and made sure I didn't have any problems around people, food, or other animals.
FOSTER CARE:
I finally learned to trust again – and, for the first time, knew what it felt like to be safe and loved.
ADOPTION:
After my new owners were put through a screening process, I was welcomed into their loving family. I was over the moon!
Of course, every animal has their own unique story. Mine is just one example of the work North Shore Animal League America provides for hundreds of pets every day – giving each of us as many chances it takes for a good quality life!

But hopefully, my journey still gives you a pretty good idea of the lifesaving care they provide to pets like me who might otherwise be killed – ensuring we recover from our difficult pasts and move on to happy, new lives.

Thank you for reading my story!
You followed Zara, now follow us to learn more about our lifesaving work:
FacebookTwitterYouTube
83 cents of every dollar goes directly to
animal program services.
If you received this message from a friend, please sign up for email alerts from North Shore Animal League America.
© 2017 North Shore Animal League America
25 Davis Ave, Port Washington, NY 11050

No comments:

Post a Comment