The Animal Rescue Site
The Rainforest Site

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

In loving memory

Among many dogs euthanized every day I come to see only few of them on photos shared on Facebook searching for adoptions/rescuing. Many of them find good rescuers but many more end up being put down :(
Here are only couple of dogs that didn't have luck in this world. I'm more saddened I didn't start doing this earlier so their photos are remembered forever.
- Albums where these photos are in, are full of animals that were unwanted. So very sad :( May they rest in peace.

Joy
Joy is a 2 year old female pitbull who is a possible victim of dog fighting. Joy came into the shelter with her two 1 week old puppies because her owner claimed he could no longer control her when pulling her back to "scratch". Joy is extremely sweet with people but MUST be the ONLY canine recipent of a family's love. She is wonderful with people. This family needs to go to a Pitbull Rescue.


Link
Taken from the album "In Memoriam 2"
Joy, left to die at North Carolina shelter
Like so many other dogs, Joy's puppies were adopted out and no one wants Joy.

Joy has fence marks on her face which have been mis-diagnosed as fighting scars. What these marks truly represent are scarring from a dog who's been confined to a backyard with no stimulation. Why are there no marks on the rest of her body?

Because the shelter is operating on mis-information, Joy is not being put up for adoption and is only available to rescue.
One volunteer has fallen in love with Joy and is begging for help to save her. Joy only has until Friday.

Unfortunately, Joy doesn't come with fifty thousand dollars like the famous Vick dogs who were actual fighting dogs. Perhaps if Joy had fifty thousand dollars incentive, the big affluent groups might hop in an airplane to come save Joy. The fact of the matter for dogs like Joy is there are no books or television shows about them. These poor dogs just have a little story in the American Pit Bull Examiner to try and help them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DJ

Hi, I'm DJ. I'm a handsome fellow, even though one of my ears seems to be missing from an old injury. I'd love a new home! According to the shelter I am a pit x, male, 2 years old.

RIP DJ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uno

GONE 5/24/12

My name is UNO. I am a male white and black pit bull mix. The shelter thinks I am about 2 years old.
I came in the shelter as an owner surrender on 05/18/2012. Owner surrender reason stated was NEW BABY.

RIP Uno.

Taken from the album "Gone but NOT Forgotten 18"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyson

GONE 5/21/12

My name is TYSON. I am a neutered male br brindle and white pit bull mix. The shelter thinks I am about 6 years old.
I came in the shelter as a owner surrender on 05/12/2012. Owner surrender reason stated was NEW BABY.

RIP Tyson.

Taken from the album "Gone but NOT Forgotten 18"

I just found out that he was picked up on Jan. 13 2012, and adopted in the same month.
His old thread (2nd photo) is in the SAFE 37!!!! album.
Safe albums should have happy endings :(


Someone noticed how happy was he in January and sad in May :'(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calest

I am a female black and tan Labrador Retriever mix.
The shelter staff think I am about 9 months old.
I was turned in by my owner and I am available for adoption.


RIP Calest.


Taken from the album "Gone but not Forgotten 19"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since it stated "TBD Unknown Status - will update ASAP" I  was checking for updates only to find out he's gone :'( 
The two photos are linked to each other as to original thread of the dog when he first came to the shelter (album "Photos Linked to Main Threads #18") and the one from the "Gone but NOT Forgotten 18" album (1st photo) :(

Santiago

GONE 6/7/12

My name is SANTIAGO. I am a male gray and white pit bull mix. The shelter thinks I am about 2 years old. I came in the shelter as a stray on 05/23/2012

RIP Santiago.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With so many photos in "Gone but NOT Forgotten" albums, the pic of this beautiful boy is the first you'll see when you enter the album No. 18. I feel so sad just by looking at him.
Still, while browsing through other albums I my eyes landed on a dog with happy, adorable face. Not knowing it's the same dog, I immediately checked his status to see he's gone :( My heart was broken :(

Stanford

GONE 5/19/12

My name is STANFORD. I am a male gray and white am pit bull terrier mix. The shelter thinks I am about 3 years old.
I came in the shelter as a stray on 05/10/2012.

RIP Stanford.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy

GONE 5/25/12

My name is TOMMY. I am a male chocolate pit bull mix. The shelter thinks I am about 1 year old.

I came in the shelter as a stray on 05/11/2012.

RIP Tommy.
First and second photos are from "Photos Linked to Main Threads #17" album.
Third photo is from "Gone but NOT Forgotten 18" album.











------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When it's set to date, it's set to date.
Album turned it's headline from "Devore Medium-Large Urgents: June 7, 2012" to "RIP: WE'RE SO SORRY (8)".
KEISHA

GONE 06/07/12

I am a female, blue and white Pit Bull Terrier mix. The shelter staff think I am about 1 year old. I have been at the shelter since May 25, 2012.

RIP Keisha.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Album turned it's headline from "Devore Medium-Large Urgents: June 8, 2012" to "RIP: WE'RE SO SORRY (8)".

Richard

GONE 06/10/12

I am a male, tan Shepherd mix. The shelter staff think I am about 6 years old.
I have been at the shelter since Jun 02, 2012.

RIP Richard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Album title didn't change ("New Faces from Carson Shelter (LA) 5/12/2012"), the description is still the same, and the only way to find out this creature is gone is from the comment below, stating "I called the Carson Shelter (310-523-9566) at 12:57 PM (EST) 6/10/12 and was told by the operator (Miss Holt) this beautiful girl was Killed on 6/01/12. Rest in Peace Baby Blue..."
 Transferred to album "Pitties That Never Made It Out x4"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spirit

GONE 6/11/12

I am an unaltered female, tan Pomeranian. The shelter staff think I am about 14 years old.
I have been found as a stray, thrown into a garbage can :( I have been at the shelter since May 19, 2012



*It has also been stated on her page she is not in the shelter but foster care through the ACC.*

RIP Spirit

Was bookmarked for about two weeks under the title
"SUPER URGENTS THAT NEED OUT NOW!!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the album "3yr TYSON MALE RR/MASTIFF*OWNER SURREN*A4434315 AVAIL NOW!" to "TYSON, SO VERY SORRY PTS 6/12 :(:(" (whole album is for him)

Tyson

GONE 06/12/12

3 Years old.
Rhodesian Ridgback/Mastiff mix.

RIP Tyson.

 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment