The Animal Rescue Site
The Rainforest Site

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Story I like a lot

As usual I didn't put all the heartbreaking stories of rescues in my blog - so many of them weren't memorized. I don't know why I didn't do that when I get so attached and too emotional to them. But from now on.... I'll blog each one I like and put it right here!

Pepper, Our Treasure

Pepper was literally thrown away by her owners when she lost the use of her back legs, taking her to the vet to be put down. The Vet was not able to do it and tried to find her a home. He could no longer keep her as she was already there for 3 months living in a cage and was going to have to place her into a shelter. Enter ME - not looking for another dog - we already had 3 rescues - I found her on the S. Fl Dachshund Rescue site. I had no idea what a "downed Doxie" was and thought she just needed rest to get better, not realizing it meant she was paralyzed in the back. My son and I drove 3 hours to get her and when I first laid eyes on her and saw her dragging her back legs behind her to "scoot' everywhere I cried. We have had Pepper for 2 years now & with love & prayer she is now walking again, no more cart for HER, she is even running with the other 4 (we have added another rescue - Oscar, but that's another story......) and taking corners in the house at a high speed LOL. She has taught me so much - patience & understanding & how to persevere. She is a feisty, yet loving & sweet. When we walk she wants everyone to pet her and say hello to Pepper. She has truly taught me that one man's trash is another man's treasure. I am proud to be Pepper's forever home.

Allison Roussel
Boca Raton, FL





No comments:

Post a Comment