- Take action - write to your MEPs (EU countries only)World Horse Welfare - We need you to contact your MEPs to ask them to adopt the Own Initiative Report prepared by Janusz Wojciechowski MEP, calling for change to the outdated Transport Regulation (EU Council Regulation (EC) 1/2005). This report supports the need for improvements to the rules govering the transportation of horses for slaughter and further fattening, including a shortened, scientifically supported journey limit.
- Write Now to Get Lions Protected Under ESA• Send the sample letter to Public Comments Processing, Attn: FWS-R9-ES-2012-0025, Pision of Policy and Directives Management; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 4401 N. Fairfax Drive, MS 2042PDM; Arlington, VA 22203........ or........
As a supporter of Born Free USA and a lover of wildlife, I implore you to list the African lion as “endangered” under the U.S. Endangered Species Act. This magnificent species is under attack from many directions, including habitat loss, retaliatory killings and disease.
But possibly the biggest major threat to lions comes from the United States, which is — by far — the world’s largest importer of lions and lion parts. By listing them as endangered, we will assume a leading role in lion protection, and no doubt will inspire other countries to at least pay attention and probably follow our good example.
In the past quarter-century, African lions’ population has been more than cut in half. It now is estimated that fewer than 35,000 live in the wild today, and if those numbers drop much more, the species survival across its range will be in grave doubt.
Please list the African lion as “endangered” under the United States Endangered Species Act. Thank you for your consideration, and for doing the right thing for lions.
- Ask President Obama to Support New Mexico Monuments
- Help Bring World Leaders Together for Tibet
- The sow stall ban is almost here - send a final warning to EU agriculture ministers
- Ask the Leader of the Opposition, Labour's David Shearer, to say NO to cruel colony cages.
- Help stop the B.C. Wolf Management Plan!
- Ask Nancy Pelosi To Stop Serving Veal In Restaurants She Owns
- Petition against EU camp killing
- Urge Colorado Condo Complex to Halt Alleged Bird Poisoning!
- Ask Edmonton to Let Lucy Pack Her Trunk!
Don't let Korea kill endangered whales
Thanks to lots of wonderful people like you, this campaign has already been tremendously successful, but is now closed.
- EPA must not approve palm oil!
- Ocean Acidification: The "Hidden Side" of Climate Change
- Stop Canadian Energy Corporations from Destroying Environment
- Quicken the Cleaning Process so Residents Can Return Home to Okuma, Japan
- Maintain Funding to Help Farmers Preserve Biodiversity
- Stop Oregon from Towing Vehicles with Pets
- Condemn Federal Wildlife Trapper for Torturing Animals Caught in Traps
- Prevent Construction of Harmful Liquid Natural Gas Pipelines in Oregon
- Enforce Regulations on Python Skin Trade
- Enforce Retirement Guidelines and More Sanctuaries for Lab Chimpanzees
- Demand That Germany Ban Bestiality
- Demand Animal Shelter Ensure the Safety of Its Animals
- Put an End to Factory Farming
- Stop the Use of Deadly Force on Family Pets
- End the Amur Falcon Slaughter in India
- Demand Legal Action Be Taken Against Palm Oil Company
- Ban Otter Trapping in Illinois
- Demand Justice for Man Jailed for Rescuing a Dog
- President of China Hu Jintao: Stop the cat and dog meat trade
- BC Government: Wolf Management Plan: Reconsider the Wolf Management Plan for the sake of a keystone species
- New Dog Racing Injuries Revealed, Ask Iowa Governor to Help Greyhounds
- Roanoke Valley Leadership: Stop the killing! Make RCACP an adoption friendly facility.
- Find Justice for Bear
- PA Department of Agriculture: Stop treating rescue groups like dog breeders and puppy mills
- China, Korea, South East Asia: Stop cooking dogs alive
- Governor Susana Martinez: Re-start efforts to reintroduce the Mexican Gray Wolf back into New Mexico
- Little Rock Zoo, Arkansas: Improve the animals health and habitats.
- Waggin Train Dog Treats: Recall all dog treats imported from China that are killing dogs.
- Harrods Stop Selling Puppies
- Ban Palm Oil in Australia
- Stop the Great Lakes nuclear dump
- Stop Newspapers Publishing Recipes of Endangered Fish
- Bali Zoo: Make the animal enclosures humane!
- STOP the trafficking of LIVE ANIMALS on Kijiji (except for valid Rescues)
- Support mandatory pet spay/neuter law, NC
Tell Congress to Protect 3,200 Tigers
- Prevent Flooding- Stop Building on Land, They Don't Make it Anymore
- Toxic gold mining in the Caribbean
- Protect African Lion as Endangered Species
- Stop Canadian Wolf Slaughter
- Protect Whale and Dolphin Food Source
- Urge Susan Rice to Oppose the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Stop Party Pill Testing on Dogs and Other Animals
- Ban Testing of Party Drugs on Animals in New Zealand
- Stop Sweden from killing 40 000 seals
- Cut All The Nets
- Stop Chemtrails from destroying our planet.
- Stop Killing Yellowstone's Wolves!
- Tell Target to stop selling fur!